A native of the Detroit area, Denise's passion for illustration goes all the way back to the age of three, when she would draw portraits of her enormous extended family. After earning her BFA at The School of The Art Institute of Chicago, she worked every job from a server to sales associate, freelancing on the side and always dreaming of illustrating children's books. She got her break in 2012, with If I Wrote A Book About You by Stephany Aulenback (published by Simply Read Books). Since then, her projects have included two children's activity books and The Yoga Game Series written by Kathy Beliveau. This coming year she will have three books published; The Yoga Game in the Garden (Fall 2016) Simply Read Books, Where Are The Words? written by Jodi McKay (December 2016) Albert Whitman & Co. and Phoebe Sounds it Out by Julie Zwillich (April 2017) OwlKids Books. Denise lives in Chicago with her husband and daughter.
Children's Illustration represented by T2 Children's Illustrators
Please send inquires regarding Children's Illustration to Nicole Tugeau: firstname.lastname@example.org | 216-707-0854
- Not 'Til Tomorrow, Phoebe (Owlkids Books) 2018
- Phoebe Sounds It Out (Owlkids Books) 2017
- Where Are The Words? (Albert Whitman & Co.) 2016
- The Yoga Game in the Garden (Simply Read Books) 2016
- The Giant Book of Creativity for Kids (Roost) 2015
- The Yoga Game by the Sea (Simply Read Books) 2015
- We ♥ Nature! (Roost Publications) 2014
- If I Wrote A Book About You (Simply Read Books) 2014
- 2013 Work/Life 3 (Uppercase Directory of Illustration)
- 2012 What I Wore Today (Octopus)
- 2011 Toffee Magazine Issue No. 2
- 2010 Mish Mish Mish (Moncho Ediciones)
- 2010 'Stache (Lark Books)
- 2009 Say What (Chicago Young Authors)
- 2007 10,000 Tons of Black Ink (Literary Writers Network)
Simply Read Books | Roost Books | Owlkids Books | Albert Whitman & Company | Yo-Yo Books
I would love to come to your school or library to meet and talk to your students about illustrating picture books! Please email me at denise (at) niseemade (dot) com for more info!
Follow me on instagram!