Denise Holmes is an illustrator and designer with over 10 years of experience creating cute and happy illustrations for the children's market, including picture books and surface design.
Denise grew up in the state shaped like a mitten. Her childhood was spent drawing and painting and doing all things creative. She graduated from The School of The Art Institute of Chicago in 2003 with a BFA in photography. After graduating she began teaching herself illustration and design and has been freelancing professionally since 2007. Over the years, she has worked with a variety of clients and publishers.
Denise is represented by Nicole Tugeau of T2 Illustrators & Authors for the picture book market and A Fresh Bunch for licensing opportunities.
Today, Denise spends her days drawing in her home studio in Chicago, where she lives with her husband and six year old daughter.
Simply Read Books | Roost Books | Owlkids Books | Albert Whitman & Company | Yo-Yo Books
- Are Those My Ears? (Yo-Yo Books) 2018
- Not 'Til Tomorrow, Phoebe (Owlkids Books) 2018
- Phoebe Sounds It Out (Owlkids Books) 2017
- Where Are The Words? (Albert Whitman & Co.) 2016
- The Yoga Game in the Garden (Simply Read Books) 2016
- The Giant Book of Creativity for Kids (Roost) 2015
- The Yoga Game by the Sea (Simply Read Books) 2015
- We ♥ Nature! (Roost Publications) 2014
- If I Wrote A Book About You (Simply Read Books) 2014
- 2013 Work/Life 3 (Uppercase Directory of Illustration)
- 2012 What I Wore Today (Octopus)
- 2011 Toffee Magazine Issue No. 2
- 2010 Mish Mish Mish (Moncho Ediciones)
- 2010 'Stache (Lark Books)
- 2009 Say What (Chicago Young Authors)
- 2007 10,000 Tons of Black Ink (Literary Writers Network)
- 2009 Daily Candy (Nisee Made Stationery)
- 2008 LMNOP Issue 5
- Member of the Society of Children's Book Writers & Illustrators since 2013
- Illustrating Picture Books